JOB TITLE: Electro-Mechanical Technician
Position is responsible for repairing and installing advanced production/manufacturing equipment. Inspects equipment for proper functioning and performs preventative maintenance duties per manufacturer's specifications. May mentor and provide support to less experienced mechanics. Diagnoses equipment malfunctions and makes more complicated repairs or adjustments as needed.
· Perform preventative maintenance on more advanced/sophisticated production equipment
· Perform repairs on production equipment as needed
· Perform breakdown analysis
· Oversee or perform general housekeeping. Upgrade production lines with new/upgraded equipment/technology
· Guide/Mentor for changing lines for packaging changeovers
· Enforce GMP, safety, and audit standards
· Work independently under limited supervision (self-management)
· Utilize MP2 for work schedule for PM’s, WO’s, and other work tasks to be completed
· 18 years or older
· Pass technical assessment addressing job-critical maintenance knowledge areas
· Experience with basic electrical systems (e.g., starters, fuses, contacts, relays)
· Experience with electrical systems (installation, frequency drive, troubleshooting)
· Experience with product manuals (e.g., reading and applying knowledge to make repairs).
· Experience with schematics (e.g., electrical blueprints with switches, starters, maps, relays).
· Experience with troubleshooting mechanical breakdowns (pinpointing and fixing breakdowns).
· Experience with troubleshooting (e.g., diagnostics, problem solving, etc.).
· Experience with reading mechanical drawings (e.g., hydraulics, pneumatics).
· Experience with PLC (e.g., industrial maintenance, computer control systems, etc.).
· Experience with hydraulic systems (high pressure cylinders, pumps, valves, troubleshooting).
· Experience with mechanical systems (e.g., gear boxes, chains, sprockets, motors, seals, bearings).
· Experience with compressors/ammonia systems (e.g., refrigeration systems).
· Experience with conveyers and airveyors (air cylinders, diverters, sensors, motor/speed controls).
· Experience with electronics (e.g., level probes, flow meters, drives/VFDs, etc.).
· Experience with gearing and gear boxes (rebuilds, ordering parts, machining parts).
· Experience with kinematics (e.g., line speed/sprocket size ratios, etc.).
· Review rating instructions.
· Experience with packaging/high speed production (e.g., bottling, consumer products, etc.).
· Experience with pneumatics (solenoids, cylinders, motor brakes, reading, troubleshooting).
· Experience with pneumatics/air compression (e.g., valves, cylinders, etc.).
· Experience with preventative maintenance (computerized preventative charts/data).
· Experience with pumps (e.g., troubleshooting, replacing seals/motors, understanding specs).
· Experience with SERVO (e.g., intelligent/robotic motors, in-coders, etc.).
· Experience working in team based environments (working together with others).
Work environment involves moderate special safety precautions, e.g., working around moving machines in production areas, handling of hazardous testing and sanitation chemicals. Protective clothing such as goggles, gloves and shoes may be required. Temperature of work area may be cold, hot, or normal 60-70 degree work area. Some areas may be affected by outside temperatures and equipment.
This position require: frequent lifting, climbing, standing, walking, crouching, squatting, bending and kneeling. The position may require weekend and/or holiday work.
This position requires adherence to West Point Dairy Products’ uniform policy throughout the entire workday. The uniform policy includes: bump cap, ear plugs, hairnet, safety glasses or prescription safety glasses, leather work shoes, uniform shirt and pants. If wearing jacket in the plant, it must have been provided by the uniform service.